Saturday, June 13, 2020

confinement

when I sit in my solitary window
staring  at deserted  road and piece of sky
   that is too often now.
as there is  nothing to do and nowhere to go 
   I dont bother to look at the watch or care about calender .
As hours ,days , weeks and months are blended into each other
       Though it is not jail , and I can easily break out .
still I feel lonely , unwanted and disconnect .

    Then i  think about few who spent   most of the life there in confinement.

  ,Gandhi  spent  years  in Yerwada , Tilak  in Mandaley.

Mandela in  Robbin island and Aung suu ki  in  her own house

 I wonder how they keep their hope alive
  and what they did millions to inspire .

     Didnt you see their best years were there in  confinement alone .

   Their fasts , their writings , their  isolation  there , won the wars and changed fortune
.
     certainly thru window of the powerful mind they had seen dreams  for their kind

No comments:

Post a Comment